[Bf-funboard] Toolbox and Menusystem

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 02:12:48 +1000

----- Original Message -----
> > .....Maybe not.... there is g, r, s, del, x, etc... see these hotkey
lists:
> > http://www.eskimo.com/~johnnyb/computers/blender/Blender_Hotkeys.html
> > http://members.chello.nl/j.kassenaar/blender/hotkeys/kall.html
> You missed the context, I think. Since when do g, r, s and so on rely
> on several selected objects?
Sorry I meant those commands are also part of the object mode.

> I sure won't forget to include those my toolboy proposal.

> I was talking about a message and the possibility to complete the
operation,
> instead of blocking it with even with a friendly and explainatory message.
>
> So you could select just one object, make use of some copy-command. A
floating
> window apperas that allows you to cancel or finish the operation after
> selecting other objects. The old way would stay the same.
That would be new - to have a floating window in blender where you can do
other things at the same time... it should be moveable too in case the
floating window is covering something you want to select. It wouldn't be
very hard for the user to go back to the copy command using the toolbox or
ctrl-c hotkey later though, rather than there be a floating window. I guess
a floating window is more user friendly but it seems a little complicated to
add.

> Another possibility would be to have those commands shown gray or so, and
> on mouse-over a message tells you about the preconditions.
The mouse over tooltip should also display the usual description of the
command as well, so that they also know what the command is used for
exactly. (the tooltip could be a bit long)

- Luke.