[Bf-funboard] Toolbox design

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:03:26 +0200

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 02:00:05PM +0200, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> As I mailed in my previous mail, we can use Matts work on the pulldown
> system to design the structure for the new toolbox. Some consistancy
> here would be more than welcome! Reviewing/changing Matts structure is
> ofcourse an option too.

Is Matts pulldown menu only documented in form of screenshots or
tuhopuu? Would be good to have it in textform.

But from in the forum I could see he included Proportional Editing with
the 2 falloff modes. Checkboxes in menus can be quite ugly. And 3 connected
checkboxes ...
However I'm thinking about alternative ways of representing things like that.
But do you think such modal tools should be included in the toolbox?

> I *do* like the 'autocomplete' mode, it should indeed search through
> the database of available commands. Coding this might be just one step
> beyond for what we can do in 2.3 however... unless it only searches
> inside the active toolbox itself. That's possible.

I'm so happy you say that :-] (I was quite a bit frustrated after your last
post).

Searching inside the toolbox would be a good start. But then it should be
compared to using mnemonic keys.

---
Thorsten