[Bf-funboard] File Browser proposal

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 00:20:25 +0100

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 03:30:50PM +0100, William Reynish wrote:
> I have included a new section in the UI proposal about
> how to change the file browser. Please check it out:
>
> Here is an image:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/fileselector.jpg
>
> This is a link to the File Browser proposal:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/filebrowser.htm
>
> Comments please!

Hi William,

I very much like the idea to have "Refresh" and "Up" Icons.
But I think the 2 you show need some work. Especialy
"Refresh": it's to complicated, one can only tell on second
look what it's supposed to be (I'm talking about the design,
not the concept).

The filetype icons are good. Not eyecandy, but very clear
and recognizeable.

Maybe it would be good to compare with open/save dialogs
of various systems. We could collect screenshots.

---
Thorsten