[Bf-funboard] Full RVK proposal plus more UI proposals

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:44:32 +0100 (CET)

 --- Ton Roosendaal <ton@blender.org> wrote: > Hi,

> > http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/morphtargets.htm
>
> Thanks, quite an improvement indeed!
> One aspect needs further study though, and that's
> how you suggest to
> use Panels in the buttons part...
> We have a similar problem in the UI for creating
> Constraints and the
> Logic Editor buttons. I rather not introduce now a
> complete new Panel
> type, that offers a complete different working
> method (like how to
> merge them).

Are you reffering to the grouping panels, where you
can insert morph target panels? If so, what is the
problem? Anything specific that makes their usage seem
strange or bad? I'd just like to know, you see, so I
can reflect over it..

> Didn't have time to think that over yet... it might
> be interesting soon
> to attract a developer though, someone interested in
> coding it all.
> Works lots easier to discuss UI design when you get
> feedback on
> possibilities.

I'm really glad to be able to help! I really am! I am
currently working on some really cool UV editor stuff.

> > My Further UI Improvement proposal has also been
> > updated.
> >
> > New Stuff included:
> > UV Editor proposal
> > General Improvements (Popups, Toolbox mesh
> editing,
> > Object Info box)
> >
> > Check it out here:
> > http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/
> >

> You're a bit ahead of the schedule. Currently we
> still work on the
> manual release, essentially bugfixes only.

Yes, but I'm not expecting all of my proposals
implementd in Blender 2.31 or 2.32. It is going to
stay online permanently, so that it can be used as a
reference. I will keep adding things for a long time.
We can then discuss things, and in many cases I will
probably change things slightly according to ideas
from other people and critique.

>This week
> the 2.31 version
> will be out however (one week delay, not too bad).

It's still not here.. :) Not to worry, you are
probably ironing out some bugs(very good)!

> But during this week
> and next week I have to available for manual
> text/design corrections as
> well. It's always so much more work than
> predicted...

I can imagine!

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan