[Bf-funboard] Layer Manager + OUTLINER

Shodan bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 02:48:36 +0100

Finally!! great idea Karim. i've planned some organisations improvement.. but lack of time.
I also would suggest an improvement about Outliner (MAJ+F4).
It would be cool to link LayerManagement and Outliner to spare space.. anyway your pop-up is cool and was planned as my second suggest.

It's already a nightmare to organize obj even with layers but without real Outliner it's "deathly" :)

Some interesting Features:

* Attribute flag render True/false to entire layer or individual obj.
* Attribute flag selectable True/false "  "   "    "   "          "
* Groupement of several obj, not about parenting or depending just into a same "unit", a kind of pack.
e.g.:
      tire_left  |
      tire_right |--> Goupe_Car       ok it's possible but it's not really obvious and visual.
      etc..      |                             but no others links between objs anymore.

* Ability to rename Layer/group quickly
* Ability to give a color to the Layer
* Drag'n'drop into outliner (eg: move obj in/out group or layer)
* fundamental function from outiner (duplicate/delete/group/ungroup/hide/unhide etc...)
* differents representations : Tree or diagram (like Oops)... or again spreadsheet.

i got others ideas but what d'you think about that?

oh yeah, i'm a simple user, not coder.

thanks blenderheads

Omar