[Bf-funboard] IPO window proposal

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:34:51 +0100 (CET)

> > The Nkey functionality should still remain in the
> IPO
> > window. But there is a difference between using
> the
> > Nkey and the number buttons in the panels. In the
> > panels you can quickly see the the what the
> objects
> > X,Y and Z value is, and as you move the frame bar,
> the
> > numbers will update interactively.
> >
> > > It could show values of selected control points.
> > > Well, I have to say that I lack experience with
> this
> > > Editor ...
> >
> > That is what the Nkey functionality (transform
> > properties) in the IPO window is for, which is
> logical
> > enough, since it works just like Transform
> Properties
> > in the 3D window.
>
> Oh well, in my Blender 2.3 with one object with 2
> Loc Keys
> Transform Properties inside IPO contain:
>   Visible Curves:
>   Xmin  Xmax
>   Ymin  Ymax
>
> I'm have no clue how those are supposed to be used,
> but
> it is certainly different from what you said about
> it.

Maybe I misunderstood your original question, but let
me explain what the nkey does in the IPO window:

In normal Curve mode:

Xmin/Ymin sets the minimum/maximum lenght of the
selected curve. In other words it scales the curve on
the X axes.

Ymin/Ymax sets the minimum/maximum height of the
selected curve. In other words it scales the curve on
the Y axes.

If you enter IPO Edit mode (press tab in the IPO
window) you can select individual curve points and
move them around. The panel changes and you can now
change the X and Y position of the individual selected
points (vertex X, vertex Y).

I hope to have cleared things up a little! :)

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan