[Bf-funboard] IPO window proposal

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:32:32 +0100 (CET)

 --- Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@freenet.de> wrote: > On Wed,
Nov 26, 2003 at 06:34:20PM +0100, William
> Reynish wrote:
> > I just updated the interface proposal again. This
> time
> > I have included an IPO window proposal!
> >
> > Here is an image of how I imagine it could look:
> > http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/ipowindow.jpg
> >
> > Read the IPO Window proposal here:
> > http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/ipowindow.htm
> >
> > I'd like to get some feedback!
>
> Your panels need much more space. Mainly because of
> the number
> buttons.

They dont actually need much more space. The only
extra space added is the sum of the panel headers.
Currently there is one line for X, one line for Y and
one line for Z. taking up three lines. My setup for
moving still takes op three lines, but their is space
for more stuff because of the panel design.

> How about using Nkey/Transform properties
> instead?

Did you mean Nkey in the 3D window or the IPO window?

The Nkey functionality should still remain in the IPO
window. But there is a difference between using the
Nkey and the number buttons in the panels. In the
panels you can quickly see the the what the objects
X,Y and Z value is, and as you move the frame bar, the
numbers will update interactively.

> It could show values of selected control points.
> Well, I have to say that I lack experience with this
> Editor ...

That is what the Nkey functionality (transform
properties) in the IPO window is for, which is logical
enough, since it works just like Transform Properties
in the 3D window.

> Use of color: How about using the same RGB colors
> for XYZ
> everywhere inside blender?

I have not changed the colours from their current look
in Blender, but it is a good idea to standardise the
XYZ colours (Blender currently uses red for X, green
for Y and Z for blue). A logical and sensible idea!

> Naming: I think the name should include "Curve(s)".
> Like "Animation Curves". That it's about editing is
> clear anyway.

Yes Good idea! It would actually communicate what the
window is for even better that "Animation Editor". It
would also help making a contrast to the Action and
NLA Editor, emphasizing it is for editing curves. Good
idea.

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan