[Bf-funboard] Layer Manager proposal/mock-up

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:03:05 +0100 (CET)

Very very nice ideas! Great work! It would be good to
see this very soon. I can't wait!

A couple of notes:
I'm not so sure about the Ghost layer idea. It is good
to be able to choose that some layers should not be
rendered, but if you do not want it to be rendered it
shouldn't force the layer to become wireframe only. I
think it would be better to have a button simply
called "render" (maybe with the same icon as the
renderbuttons) that toggles the layer on/off for
rendering.

However much I like your idea, I think it would be
nice to make it possible to have more than 20 layers.
It has puzzled me for some time how to do this best
though.

Don't get me wrong though, I love it!

I've put together a mock-up for a Layer Manager or

http://www.karimnassar.com/phoenix/images/blend_layers.jpg