[Bf-funboard] Full RVK proposal plus more UI proposals

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:18:32 +0100

Hi,

> http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/morphtargets.htm

Thanks, quite an improvement indeed!
One aspect needs further study though, and that's how you suggest to
use Panels in the buttons part...
We have a similar problem in the UI for creating Constraints and the
Logic Editor buttons. I rather not introduce now a complete new Panel
type, that offers a complete different working method (like how to
merge them).

Didn't have time to think that over yet... it might be interesting soon
to attract a developer though, someone interested in coding it all.
Works lots easier to discuss UI design when you get feedback on
possibilities.

> My Further UI Improvement proposal has also been
> updated.
>
> New Stuff included:
> UV Editor proposal
> General Improvements (Popups, Toolbox mesh editing,
> Object Info box)
>
> Check it out here:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/

You're a bit ahead of the schedule. Currently we still work on the
manual release, essentially bugfixes only. This week the 2.31 version
will be out however (one week delay, not too bad). But during this week
and next week I have to available for manual text/design corrections as
well. It's always so much more work than predicted...

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org