[Bf-funboard] blender x Macromedia Flash(R) or - Feature request

Marcelo Elias Del Valle bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:09:36 -0200

Hello,

	By now, I have just subscribed the mailing list. I would like so much a
new feature on blender, so I decided to post a message on this list.
	I am a happy brazilian blender user who loves blender. Blender to me is
an example of a very well written software witch provides to users as
much power as user wants. I mean, maybe Blender doesn´t have many high
level tools or facilities we can find in expensive 3D software, but
Blender doesn´t limit us much because of this. Well, I just like blender.
	I would like so much to use blender to do web pages and I was planning
this so long, since 3d web plugin was released 1st time. However,
blender have showed itself much useful to increment and web page, with
3d games or images with the page. However, I want more. I want do an
enterelly made in Blender web page, like I do in flash.
	I would like Blender have an 2D layer on top of the 3d scene showed to
user, and in this 2D layer I would like to place buttons, text or simple
html. Of course buttons in 3D are very fine alredy and I can parent them
with the camera, but the problem is how to place html and links within
Blender. Much power isn´t needed, I just want html and links. Each
button I click opens a diferent page on blender scene.
	I know it is possible, but I would like to know if someone is
interested on it or if it is being implemented or not. It would be very
fine to do webpages with blender. And i am sure blender would be yet
more popular if much webpages start to appear around the world.
	I consider myself a skilled c/c++ programmer and I have a reasonable
knowledge of 3d math, but i am not helping to code blender for several
reasons, one of then is... Well, i have a job... ;-) However, as this
feature is related to my work, I would be glad to help to code, if
someone give me tasks.

Any answers about this would be very apreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.
--
Marcelo E. Del Valle - Consultoria CM - 8131-9425
Consultoria e Soluções em Informática