radio/toggle buttons Re: [Bf-funboard] Large Texture buttons redesign proposal

Alexander Ewering bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:50:38 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Luke Wenke wrote:

> How about droplists that instantly popup when you hover the mouse where the
> current value is shown? To abort you could move the mouse away from it (or
> press escape). To select something you just left-click. The droplist could

Why does everyone absolutely want to eliminate directly accessible
and straightforward UI elements?

It's the same as with monitors... I've had to buy a new monitor recently,
I couldn't find anyone with DIRECT brightness/contrast controls on it,
EVERY SINGLE monitor nowadays has an OSD and Menus, and you need about
20 times as long for achieving the same result.

I'm really the wrong person to complain about all this, because I maintain
my own tree with the old UI anyway, but I just want to 'save' Blender
users from a usability nightmare. It's not like we work with 320x200
displays and that we need to save every single pixel by using complex
UI elements that magically pop up.