[Bf-funboard] Improved Button Drawing

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:58:57 +0100

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 01:48:02PM +0100, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> -> improved button drawing
> I've been working on added grouping information to the buttons. The
> drawing routines then can nicely align and visually merge groups. As
> test and to verify it works I've made a rounded theme. Here's a
> screenshot, but its also in CVS to play with. Matt promised he'll
> rework his theme based on this as well.
> http://www.blender.org/bf/rt.jpg
> http://www.blender.org/bf/rt1.jpg

Hey, that looks familiar:-)

Since I don't know if you deliberately left it out, or if you
missed the detail: In my mockups I used rounded corners everywhere
besides command-buttons (Render). Like hard commands and soft options.
Avoiding the need for colour to differentiate, since that might make
the interface look noisy.

Maybe better to use round corners everywhere for more pleasant look,
and maybe the distinction between rounded and hard edges is missed
to easily, but I wanted to at least point this out.

---
Thorsten