[Bf-funboard] 2.30 & keyboards without numpad

Melchior FRANZ bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:18:27 +0100

Hi,

I'm =very= happy with 2.30 and with Blender altogether. There's
just one thing that annoys me somewhat: Because my keyboard
(PFU HHKB) doesn't have a numpad and I need quick access to the
perspectives, I've "Emulate Numpad" activated. The problem is
now, that mirroring (via sx-1 etc.) doesn't work with this
emulation, because the keyboard's standard minus (0xe6) is
turned into padminus (0xa2) and hence zooms out.
   I'm aware that not many people will have this problem and it's
possibly not worth a fix (after all, what if others do exactly
expect zooming on minus?), but you should at least have heard
about it.  :-)

m.

PS: I've patched the source code and everything works as I
    like it again.

PPS: I know that I can mirror in edit mode via MKEY/mirror.