[Bf-funboard] Re: UV editor/face select mode suggestions

malefico andauer bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:12:24 -0300 (ART)

Hi guys,

--------Paul reasonably wrote:
> 4- Resolution of the UV map could be set within this
> window (I know UVExport script works great anyway)

A UVMap is does not have a resolution.  If you have a
square texturemap
at
500x500 pixels and a duplicate sized version at [...]
------------

Yes, yes, you're right of course, I was thinking about
exporting an image of the UV map and mixed up my
thoughts when writing :-)

-----
>Thought it
>would be great to incorporate the UVExport Python
>script into the Menu
>for that window!
------

Absolutely. Or even write a builtin function.
Maybe using the resolution set in the render buttons.

------
>You basically want the addition of a cube unwrap
>mapping
>type.  I'm all for adding more mapping types.
------

I thought that was what cube mapping should do, but if
it is a cube unwrap instead, I have no problem at all
:-)

--------
>> If you try it with Suzanne you'll see what I mean
by
>> mapping her, first in the original way, and
secondly
>> rotating her first 180 degrees in Z axis, applying
>> deformation, and then doing the sphere mapping.
>> The second choice gives more natural mapping,
making
>> it easier to texture.
>
>This happens because of the way the UVMap was
>applied... Try hitting
>tab to
>enter edit mode and select all the vertices.  Now
>rotate them around 90
>degrees
>so your basically rotating the whole object 90
>degrees.  Now try and do a
>Spherical UVMapping.  It should map them
>differently.
---------

well, that's exactly the same of what I actually did.
My point is that maybe the map should be done out of
phase by 180 degrees so the front side of the model
gets mapped in the central part of the UV window.

---------
whole new
feature.  So no rush... but I'd like it yesterday! :)
---------

Yeah, me too.
:-))
I think the UV Editor has a lot of potential that
still needs to be unleashed.

Thanks to all.

¡Ayudá a los chicos navegando!
En noviembre, Yahoo! dona un plato de comida por cada usuario que nevegue gratis con Yahoo! Conexión.
Conectate ya en http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar