[Bf-funboard] Expanded RVK proposal with explaining animation

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:20:54 +0100 (CET)

I have developed my RVK proposal further from my
Further Interface Improvement Proposal.

The old RVK system made it possible to start with one
of your other vertex keys as a starting point by
selecting an old key and creating a new one. You often
did this unintentially though. This is now possible in
my proposal, but much clearer than before.

I have also changed some names (most significantly
RVK=Morph Target). I will not comment the name change
yet though, since I am making a more complete naming
proposal.

A new, very useful morph key feature proposal included
is the ability to edit all the morph targets at once.
Say you would like to increase the size of the ears of
your character, this would be very useful.

The goal of this system is to make it logical, easy
and clear how to use it, and also make things better
and clearer for the experianced user.

See a simple demo of how it would work below:

http://www.shadeless.dk/morphtarget-anim.gif

I think this system is much more clear, usable and
easy to learn than the current system. It also
supports infinite Morph Targets. Very needed and
useful.

AN ADITTION:
I would like to have included a little eye symbol to
press that would show the given morph target in the 3D
window, just like righclicking in the old blue lines
did. I forgot to incorporate it in the animation, and
it was too big a job to add this to each frame.. I'd
just like you to know that I have thought about it.

-William Reynish

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan