[Bf-funboard] UV editor/face select mode suggestions

malefico andauer bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:39:44 -0300 (ART)

Hi, I was wondering if things like these could be
applied in a future in the UV editor. Take them just
as a bunch of ideas:

1- It could be great that vertices of separated faces
could be selected by pressing L near them.

2- Selection of vertices would highlight that the
corresponing faces in the 3D window (in face select
mode)

3- ScaleX and Y could work with keyboard input as in
the 3D window, Edit Mode.

4- Resolution of the UV map could be set within this
window (I know UVExport script works great anyway)

5- Not exactly related to the UV editor
but...different colours to selected/unselect faces in
3D window under face select mode. Yes, I know that
this works that way in Edit Mode, but face selection
is easier in this ugly white/white face select mode
anyway.

The following two, I think are UVmapping bugs:

1- Cube mapping should work as a "cross unfold", I
mean like a cube unfolded in a cross of four by three
cells. Currently, all faces are mapped on top of each
other, making it useless. I suppose it is broken or
maybe I'm using it in the wrong way. I remember it
used to work OK in some version...

2- When mapping in sphere mode, the faces looking to
the front view are mapped to the right and left
borders. For instance in a character, the front face
is cut in two and half of the nose and one eye is
mapped to the right while the rest of it is mapped to
the left. A more natural behaviour would be that the
eyes and nose remain in the central part of the UV
map, and that the rear part were splitted instead.

If you try it with Suzanne you'll see what I mean by
mapping her, first in the original way, and secondly
rotating her first 180 degrees in Z axis, applying
deformation, and then doing the sphere mapping.
The second choice gives more natural mapping, making
it easier to texture.

Please consider this ideas and thanks for your time
and the hard work you're carrying on.

malefico.

¡Ayudá a los chicos navegando!
En noviembre, Yahoo! dona un plato de comida por cada usuario que nevegue gratis con Yahoo! Conexión.
Conectate ya en http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar