[Bf-funboard] Re: (Guillermo) Toolbox speed

GSR - FR bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 19:41:01 +0100

t_w_@freenet.de (2003-11-09 at 1809.35 +0100):
> Autoscroll. Like, when a submenu is partly outside the screen,
> it's contents are scrolled when the user aproaches the edge?

Yes, in some cases, or moves all the menu widgets (parents and all) in
the oposite direction, like NeXT. For example, GTK drop down creates a
rectangle as big as all the menu items (visual hint), but puts the
active under cursor, and slides the inner part back into the
"container". Example, with a window that is near bottom of screen:
http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/blender/gtk-menu-out-of-screen-clip.png

> Would have visibility problems (hidden menu items).
> Do you know of any comparison between the 2 solutions?

Yes, it hides things. OTOH, if items do not change position and the
list is small, your muscle memory should work fine. So the issue is
for learning if it is always that way, afterwards I doubt it slows
down much (sorry, no stats). Personally (sample size: 1) I go fine
with the selector above, you can not see them all, like you can not
see them when you have not clicked yet, but I do not have to scroll
all and read them all, I know where is the one I want, approximately.

GSR