[Bf-funboard] Move?

The Fallen Weeble bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 21:18:02 -0500

I think this is the last time I'm gonna comment on this.

While move may more may not be more clear than grab, I have never been
unclear about the meaning of grab as a tool in a graphical environment.
Blender isn't the only tool that uses this terminology.  Furthermore, I
have never run into anyone who didn't understand what "grab" meant in
the context of a graphics application.  I see no lack of clarity here.

As a closing note, anyone experienced or interested in any sort of
serious graphics work (in two or three dimensions) should (and generally
does) understand that applications simply don't present themselves to
you.  They must be learned, and that *definitely* includes reading
documentation (manuals and/or tutorials).  Let me restate: *Going to the
documentation is NOT optional*.  Things that may not be wholy obvious,
but can be explained with a single sentence of documentation should not
be priority for having their name changed.

I'm sorry, but if a user isn't willing to go outside of the application
for a little RTFM, then that user probably shouldn't be looking to do
any serious graphics work, because the need to do that is everywhere.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel it needed to be said.

Later.

  Groo