[Bf-funboard] Re: Regarding the old grabber business

malefico andauer bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:29:53 -0300 (ART)

> as a non native english speaker (french in fact), i
> didn't know what mean
> 'grab' when i first saw blender years ago.

Yup. My native language is spanish, and I just
associated that "G" was "Move" and forget everything
else. It was just around a year ago that I realized
"G" was "Grab" and then that "Grab" was actually "Hold
something and move". I'm not brilliant you see.

I don't think that that word would stop anyone for
learning Blender (I actually wrote quite some
tutorials without knowing anything about the "grab"
secret), however I agree with Monkeiboy that it would
have more sense to see something like "Move" or
"Translate" instead of "Grab" in the menu.

Anyway, this is (to me at least) a so tiny little
matter considering the many things that are to improve
in the UI, that I would gladly forget all my ideas
about it in the hope that people would concentrate in
the REAL work.

For instance the RVK stuff. Using the Action window
for it, is great to me. Much more clear than using an
IPO editing method, specially when synchronizing with
armature actions, BUT it could be improved by adding
some "Edit IPO" button next to each key name, just
like constraints. Or even a contextual menu with
"Bezier, Linear, blah blah" options.

Cheers.

malefico.

¡Ayudá a los chicos navegando!
En noviembre, Yahoo! dona un plato de comida por cada usuario que nevegue gratis con Yahoo! Conexión.
Conectate ya en http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar