[Bf-funboard] Re: Large Blender UI improvement proposal

ph bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:06:30 +0100

Hi David

  Thank you for the explanation. May I suggest a solution? When I did my
internship in an animation company, I had to create Photoshop actions that
needed hotkeys of which I never heard of before (like 'select previous
layer'). So I searched for a list and printed them out. (10x17 inches fully
used, small fontsize) and hung it on the wall. Do your own list for Blender
which should be readable from a distance and your memory shouldn't be in
your way anymore. There you can use the naming  that suits you best.

William: no offense taken     ( :

  I just try to find a solution that works for new users AND old farts like
me who value a certain historical flavour. I can't help but find Ton's
explanations about the origins of certain features and names interesting (I
even find it sad that only a few background infos like that are available) .
It has a meaning to me. It paints a richer picture.

Peter