[Bf-funboard] Re: Large Blender UI improvement proposal

David Cuny bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:42:31 -0800

Ton wrote:

> Dropping 'ipo' and 'grabber' are the least of the naming
> problems in Blender. Such names just add to the brand
> and personality.

As a perpetual newbie, I can assure you that what they actually do make
Blender more difficult to learn. (It doesn't help that "ipo" also stands for
"initial price offering").

I thought the point of the rewrite was to fix what was bad, not hold on to
things that are admittedly broken and (most frustratingly) trivial to fix for
the sake of sediment.

I understand that sediment, but for the new user, things like "ipo" and
"grabber" don't convey what they should. They serve as a point of frustration
and confusion, not fond memories.

-- David Cuny