[Bf-funboard] (Karim) Re: Large Blender UI improvement proposal & Toolbox Flash 2

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:58:29 +0100

Karim Nassar wrote:

> Re: Toolbox Flash 2
>
> This looks great! Maybe could do with a little bit of polish, but
> functionally, it's very nice.

Good to hear. Currently "polish" is restricted to minimal 3d look with
shadow. In the end the Toolbox should match with the menu system.

> One suggestion: Clicking on the red "center" bar should dismiss the
> toolbox altogether.

Actualy that red bar is a text cursor to remind the user of the
commandline feature. BTW, its only red because thats' the current
default for textcursors in blender. Only darkened a little bit, because
I couldn't stand it in full brightness.

However clicking inside the neutral center might dismiss the menu, since
I can't think of a better use. So it's a good suggestion in the end :-)

---
Thorsten Wilms