[Bf-funboard] Large Blender UI improvement proposal

Martin Poirier bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:15:20 -0800 (PST)

Nice and clear proposition with rather good ideas.

Mouse system: This looks good, but I guess I'd have to
actually try it in action to see if it's that much
better.

Headers: I think the four header options (top, bototm,
left, right) should be visible at all time. No need to
remove hide them since it could give the ideas that
they aren't available (someone that never used
vertical layout might think that vertical headers are
impossible since the option isn't there). Of course,
autochange to vertical/horizontal would be possible on
resize.

RVKs: you know about the rvk rename and slider
fonctions in the Action window, right?

Text editor: I think having an internal copy/paste
buffer coupled with access to the OS buffer is a good
idea. For one thing, it makes sure that the buffer
doesn't get edited by external process. And you can
still copy from other programs by using the OS buffer.

Martin