[Bf-funboard] Python objects

Alexander Ewering bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:35:27 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 tbaldridge@alertacademy.com wrote:

> 	There is a type of object in Pov-Ray known as an Iso surface.
> Basically, it allows the user to supply a function that will be evaluated by
> the rendered. Based upon this, an object will be rendered that conforms to
> the equation.
>
> 	Here is my idea. How hard would it be to add "Python Objects" to
> blender. This object would behave just like a mesh, NURBS or any other type
> of object. However, in the edit buttons area, there would be an option to
> load a Python script. When the object is rendered, Blender would call this
> script, and the script would define what was rendered.

That's a great idea. As the Renderconverter converts all
objects to "Render faces" anyway before rendering, I guess
this would indeed be quite straightforward to implement, and
make "procedural" objects possible and greatly extend the power of
Blender.

I hope someone with enough knowledge will pick this up :)_