[Bf-funboard] re:osx g4....

Stephen Swaney bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 01 Nov 2003 10:01:03 -0600

car wrote:

> So what happened between beta builds and this version ? What made it go
> poofy and did any one test out the 2.30 build before it went to open ?

<sarcasm mode>

Testing? Oh hell no!  For this build we used a genetic
algorithm.  State of the art AI stuff.  Everyone made
changes in their own directory and we did the build by
randomly choosing files from each tree.  As soon as
we got one to compile, we were good to go.

</sarcasm mode>

Actually, we were aware of the mouse emulation problem
and decided to go ahead with the release anyway.  A
last minute change broke some of the key handling.
It was not considered to be a show stopper. This is
a PREVIEW RELEASE after all.  Plus, a certain group
of people, who shall remain nameless, felt that since
this is the 21st century, everyone should go ahead
and buy a real mouse.

Personally, with all the internal changes and a total
reworking of the UI, I'm impressed that more stuff is
not broken.  A very nice job, guys!

In all fairness, I can understand how people might be
cranky.  In the past, blender releases have been
production releases.  This is a development release.
We probably need to make this clearer.  Maybe more info
on the download site?  Or a different name scheme?

We also could use a Known Bugs webpage so someone's
head doesn't explode when the 65,535th user posts
that mouse emulation is broken.
--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney@swbell.net