[Bf-funboard] Parting Game Engine for developers?

Joseph Motanez bf-funboard@blender.org
27 Jun 2003 11:16:49 -0700

Lately I've been really looking into the sources of blender's game
engine and already tried a few things, and I've found it somewhat hard
to develop in the game engine because as soon as you change a header in
there all of blender need to be cleaned and recompiled. So i spent a
quiet bit of time trying to go though the source to see if there was I
way to limit the things I needed recompile and after 6 hours of going
though the source and commenting things out i fell short of what I
wanted to do.(as in all of it complied but several error when making a
static or dynamic release)

I don't have a good computer so compiling take about 3 hours for
blender.

I was wondering if there should be a mini developers version of
gameblender, All it would have would be the realtime logics for the gui
and still read blender files. So you can develop in a smaller
enviroment.