[Bf-funboard] Env mapping

Samo Korosec bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:23:43 +0200

> Reusing the same material or texture for a different object, then
> will  give the same envmap. Maybe a disadvantage, but something
> that's  compatible with how Blender behaves in general.

I'm not sure whether this is the place to discuss this, but this is a
nice example of where a well tought-out object-oriented approach would
make sense. Using OO principles the mesh-specific material could inherit
all the settings but the locations from which the envmap is calculated
form it's parent.

I'm not sure whether something like this is doable within Blender's code
right now, but maybe a primitive inheritance system could be used that
allows some data to be altered? Would a primitive "synch" for material
attributes be doable?

kind regards,
Samo