[Bf-funboard] Mesh modelling

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:17:45 +0200

Hi,

This is not really the coders mailing list, but a list for blender
users (coders & artists) to discuss functionality, research, new
features.

I think there's a general consensis that we need to upgrade current
Mesh editing in Blender. It's 10 year old code, so about time to
modernize that. Wings and Nendo keep popping up as reference for a new
Mesh modeling system.

Now it's more waiting for a coder or team who dare to attack this in
Blender! Better wait for that, and then help them the details &
interface. I know several coders have shown interest in the topic. Just
takes time for them to grasp the topic, and find out how to technically
integrate it in Blender nicely.

-Ton-