[Bf-funboard] Env mapping

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:11:52 +0200

Hi Nathan,

(please subscribe to this maillist, i had to manually approve your mail)

Your suggestion makes loads of sense! However, since Materials and =20
Textures can be used by multiple objects, it's not easy (and =20
non-standard) to automate this... it's a disadvantage of this linking =20=

block concept.

What we can do to make it more intuitive, is just filling in the =20
current active object name in the envmap "Ob:" button, when you select =20=

a new envmap, or when that button was not filled in yet. The object =20
itself then isn't rendered.
This way (new) users get it to working without reading the manual!

Reusing the same material or texture for a different object, then will =20=

give the same envmap. Maybe a disadvantage, but something that's =20
compatible with how Blender behaves in general.

How about that?

-Ton-

On Thursday, Jun 26, 2003, at 03:58 Europe/Amsterdam, Nathan Allworth =20=

--
Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton@blender.org =20
http://www.blender.org