[Bf-funboard] bigger vertices and topic list

ph bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:26:06 +0200

OK, here's my first try (hopefully the right address)

first of all the small vertices. This may be caused by graphics card
drivers. I have an ati rage fury card, where I was forced to use old drivers
(others weren't working). My vertices were tiny and the 3Dcursor was bright
red.

On windows systems, you can set the hardware acceleration to 0% and then
compare vertex size. But it would be nice to compensate this with a setting.

here are some suggestions regarding Matt's list(thanks Matt)

consistency:
One thing that I really enjoy is the consistency of blender's commands (like
Gkey in 3d window, ipo window sequence window and so on).

Only in the Nkey dialog, the Returnkey closes the window, instead of
increasing/decreasing the button value by one. Since I really like the
controlled way of using the key repetition, it would be great to adopt that.

animation:
the fade in/fade out option for actions are nice, but would it be possible
to handle this via ipo curves?
then one possibly could control a complex animation with one curve (like
opening closing a hand)

gui-appearance:
as semi old (2.12) blender addict, I'd like the gui to stay different. I
adore having all buttons at once. It's like a map of a beloved city.
although radial menus sound appealing to the lefthander (:

I like a clean design. No antialiasing for fonts with small resolution (eyes
don't like blurry text) and no gradients. Buttons should be recognizable,
not 3d.

wireframe colour:
I find the freehand/indesign-solution nice, that means different (definable)
colours for different layers.

all actions in the menus:
since I am a hotkey fanatic, I don't care. Much more important is a compact
documentation. Blender is no app to leave the newbie alone with ( :

user configurable panels:
I like the blender interface, because it is tidy! I just cant get used to
the interface of flash or Gimp. Here I have my presets with strgleftarrow
right arrow and the important stuff is on top and always on top. only the
toolbar could wrap instead of being hidden.

constraints:
There is one BIIG feature which I'd like for them. Multi axis constraints.
Trackto constraints, like Maketrack are a pain because one axis has to point
up. I have tried to avoid it and nothing works. So why not the most
controllable version? One constraint for the x axis, one for the y axis and
one z axiy constraint? with two of them used, one has total control and the
object would be able to rotate on a defind axis.

now I hope this wasn't totally misplaced

By the way, I am another user that is driven to start coding for blender.

good speed

Haunt_House