[Bf-funboard] feature requests: beta 12a

car bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:33:23 -0400

feature requests: beta 12.

Please pretty please fix the bugs. No more features just fix the bugs.
The major bugs.

My list .

Painting. I love painting on the mesh, feels like teddy3D, or his game
that came out where you get
to draw a monster just from a doodle, and paint right on it.  Fuuuunnnn
!!!!^v
But alas this engine is to slow for blender. I guess the redraw code is
the culprit.

The armatures. As said before. To many ik constraints kill it in speed
slow down. Put two or more rigged
characters in and poof, instant snail. Nothing fixes it. Low mesh ,
wireframe , nothing. Except this. But it
is to hard to reproduce. If you have two window 3d views. And pose a
rig in a view that can see all of
the model, in the other view you can only see some of the model, when
the zoomed in window gets
bugged out it stops redrawing the movement and then the armature speeds
up greatly.
File attached.

This computer has run several other far more powerful 3D programs
before without a hitch. So it just shows
that blender has a few bugs still. It is common.

Last one. Do not get rid of the game engine. Try to incorporate it in
to the animation engine.
Like the press keyboard button for armature action. Or other stuff.
What is the difference between the game engine and blender. Besides
Physics.

There are others but that is what would be power cool.

Yes I am learning this code thing, but HA! it will be several more
months before I know what the
hell " void enter_posemode(void)
{
	if (ob->id.lib){
		error ("Can't pose libdata");
		return;
	}

	switch (ob->type){
	case OB_ARMATURE:
		arm= get_armature(ob);
		if( arm==0 ) return;
		G.obpose= ob;
		/*		make_poseMesh();	*/
		allqueue(REDRAWVIEW3D, 0);
		break;
	default:
		return;
	}

	if (G.obedit) exit_editmode(1);
	G.f &= ~(G_VERTEXPAINT | G_FACESELECT | G_TEXTUREPAINT |
G_WEIGHTPAINT);
"

means.  ... I can see  that it is armature something....

^v^ this went to long..