[Bf-funboard] Re: more jobs

Martin Poirier bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:29:03 -0700 (PDT)

> - Particle system deflectors / attractors
> Just simple force field generators. Fun!

fun indeed!

I'm probably not suppose to talk about code on this
board, but I've got a lot of maths and functionnality
regarding particles already done and working (need I
say: Dynamica). The problem is that, if I understood
the code correctly, it would be somewhat hard to
integrate without a complete rewrite of the particles
engine

Now, there's the problem of either going with
precalculated systems (like the one already used)
which are fast, but would need to be recalculated very
often, especially if you add intereaction with other
objects OR calculated as you change frames (which is
not a so good idea, but it works).

> - Scenes layering
> Meaning that you can have multiple scenes rendering
> over each other.
> Like the current 'set', but more elaborate.

I think there's a sequence plugin called Z Compose
that can do something akin. Would be a very nice
feature indeed.

> - An 'about' menu item, giving splash and a nice
> listing with credits
> for people who contributed

YES!

> - Bringing back "BodyPoints"
> This was an old pre-Blender experiment with Ika,
> which proved to be highly instable. :)
> But it was a very nice system for 'yello' style of
> animations, with
> physics as well. And so much fun to play with! It
> basically is a
> toolkit which allows the user to add BodyPoints
> (with mass, gravity,
> inertia) and connect them with spring-wires. You can
> make all kinds of
> nice elastic style things with it. Add to this some
> simple collision
> detection, and we've got physics!
> Anyone remembers the old 'Newton' demo at SGI?

That would be neat indeed.

> Well, this board is there for difficult decisions
> too! Who mentioned
> raytracing? :)

integrated YafRay w00t!

Martin