[Bf-funboard] Re: Daemon Integration

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:50:15 +0200

Hi,

It's a 'project' at our site already, but not much happens there.
I think the current admins/coders would welcome to have feedback and
enthusiast reactions that this tool is truely appreciated.

http://projects.blender.org/projects/networkrender/

In my animation studio days, our deamon system was one of the most used
tools, and essential to control work flow, and getting stuff ready for
clients. It was irix-only though... porting was not succesful, since it
relied on NFS too much.

The new system (made in NaN, by Hans) is much better technology, but
only works on unix-geek level (console, commands). It lacks just this
nice interface and some feedback-functionality that would make it
really useful.

I suggest to everyone who's interested in it, to spam these project
members, and get them to working again! :)

-Ton-