[Bf-funboard] Update on proceedings

Gabriel Walt bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:50:09 +0200

> Great ideas are best served with people who build & maintain it for us!
> Volunteers here who'd like to review what is needed, what we have
> (projects site too), what to add, and build it?

Hello,

As I already posted at the documentation forum, this summer I would like set up a good php web site that could gather user ressources around blender. That's quite a big task that I hope I'll have time to acheive. But once I'll be working on that it shouldn't take too much additional time to make also a subset of my system that would be optimized for gathering, organizing and discussion suggestions.

I found the motivation to do that because the ressouces are spread over a lot of different web sites and it's hard (especially for newer blender users) to find something. And I think that it's a very similar problem with the feature requests... The problem is just that I won't start coding before one month, because I'll wait for my exams to be over.

So do you think that it's interesting to have one place where users can post feature requests and others can discuss them and sort them into different categories or priorities to finally obtain some clean list that's motivating for a coder to look at. Or do you think that it's better when people submit their feature requests everywhere (in forums, in this mailing and in the feature request tracker), and then a few motivated guys fish them together and put together some kind of synthese in a wiki site. So what I would suggest is a system that integrates all needed features, from feature request submission to the final feature list, through a discussion bord and possibly other useful stuff. But you have to tell if you think that it's needed, I don't want to spend a lot of time to code something users don't want to use... :)

Here's the topic where I proposed a blender ressouce center:
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1619

Gabriel