[Bf-funboard] just commenting some ideas

Bart bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:28:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, basse wrote:

> contextual menu is really good. bug right click selecting is important
> too, because it's one of the things that is being used most. on of the
> things making blender fast to use.
> i'm not sure if you should change things like that.
> perhaps another button, or control-key + mousebutton..

One event type that I really like on my palm pilot is the click-and-hold
event. Translated to Blender, you could do a select by doing a quick
right-click (thus leaving the current functionality unchanged). If you do
a right click-and-hold on an object (for example), the context menu pops
up. If you do a right click-and-drag, the existing functionality (moving
an object if I'm not mistaken) is done.

--
Bart Veldhuizen, bart@vrotvrot.com
Web Droid