[Bf-funboard] just commenting some ideas

basse bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:43:32 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> -- Right-mouse select, replace with context driven menus?
> We can think over a new organization of default mousebutton behaviour.
> Contextual menus can be a great aid in learning and using Blender.

contextual menu is really good. bug right click selecting is important
too, because it's one of the things that is being used most. on of the
things making blender fast to use.
i'm not sure if you should change things like that.
perhaps another button, or control-key + mousebutton..

> -- General make-over of interface
> I won't support real 'skinning', but the general looks of the interface
> can be easily upgraded to a more contemporary looks. It's a real
> designer's thing to do! If multiple great make-overs are proposed, we
> can implement a user-preset for them.

there are couple of projects, or at least one, already doing pretty nice
job on remaking the button appearance.. there was different drawing
styles and coloring could be set too...
hmm, I saw him on #blenderchat some time ago, have to track him down,
if not already here?

> -- Wireframe colors
> We can review how it currently works in Blender, and come with a
> proposal how it gives a bit more control and visual feedback. This
> should also include thinking over how 'solid drawing' will be handled.

I have a little idea for this. now when adding object to the scene, you
can give it a name in edit keys (f9). how about having little
colorpicker-box next to the name field, where you could pick whatever
color you want?

.b

--
.