[Bf-funboard] Blender suggestions

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:33:46 +0200

Hi,

>> 1.) I wish the 'buttons' screen didn't take up 1/3 of
>> the screen.  That's a lot of real estate.  A quick
>> keyboard shortcut for popping it up and down would be
>> great, or some kind of right-click (or combo
>> middle+right click) pop-up 'quad menu' as in 3dsMax.
>
> If you're using the default screen layout, try this: move your mouse
> into the 3d window and press CTRL+UP. This maximizes/restores
> fullscreen
> mode for any window.
>
> Alternatively, you can also move your mouse into the buttons window and
> press numpad '-' a few times. This will scale down your buttons, which
> is very helpful if you're using a large screen. You can then drag the
> screen divider line down and save your default setup with CTRL+U.

Nevertheless, it's at the list to do! Being able to better configure
such panels would be welcome.

>> 2.) A permanent horizontal animation slider would be
>> great, too.
>
> Just a hack, but try this file:
>
> http://www.vrotvrot.com/stuff/animation_slider.blend
>
> I have added a tiny headerless IPO window to the default view.

There's even a better one: use the Audio window instead. That doesn't
put the ipo curves in the way, plus it has seconds in the lower
slider-bar!
I've designed that window for this kind of abuse... ;-)

> Enjoy!

Indeed! :)

-Ton-