[Bf-funboard] Ton is moderating me out of the message list..

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:56:49 -0600

I take it back.. If I can.. My brain dumps are not illogical,
they make perfect sense.. But what Ton objected to is the jumping
the gun, talking about implementation before talking about
features..

I foresee a message base where all the topics are laid out,
each topic has a discussion, and the current topic of discussion
is highlighted in red, topics that have been discussed are
highlighted in green, topic that have yet to be discussed are
not highlighted. This will give a context to the discussion,
allow people to contribute, and keep the message base from being
like talking into a mic with heavy feedback, because in the listserv
it will be tough to keep past/future discussions from popping up,
unless Ton goes around policing everyone. The process is too linear
and many of the people are going to want to get into discussing a
particular topic. Also if someone has just entered the group,
then they will be unaware of the current topic of discussion and
will just continue by talking about whatever they like..