[Bf-funboard] Render for print

Gwyn Perry bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:35:49 +0100 (BST)

Hi folks,
first of all: please, everyone, try not to send plain
text AND html content in your emails. It's
unneccessary. Someone send a message with a whole page
of mso-css styles and the message included twice.

And in addition, maybe if you are replying to a
particularly long massage, perhaps you could edit the
inline quoting to include only the relevant parts.
People are having their whole messages quoted two or
three times.

Anyway... rant over, on to my suggestion:

:: Render presets ::
There are, i think, quite a few people using blender
to export to print media. To make this easier, I would
like to suggest adding a DPI preset to the render
settings, with "cm" and "inches" available (with
"pixels") in a "units" dropdown.

For example, if I wanted to render at A4 size (about
21*30 cm), at 300 DPI, I would select "cm" from the
menu, set "DPI" to 300, "x" to '21.0' and "y" to
'29.7'. Then, on pressing F12, Blender would render an
image of the appropriate size.

This could be extended to include various size
presets, render to multilayered PSD or XCF with alpha,
etc.

Is this a good idea?

Gwyn Perry (AKA Beatabix)