[Bf-funboard] Policy

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:15:23 -0600

a complete overhaul would be too hard, but
I think the design concepts we develop here
 from feature suggestions will help to determine
how code can be unified so that a switch to C++
will be be easier..  C++ is a superset of C so
we could switch to C++ possibly at once, and
then unify features as objects over time..
This is called a incremental refinement.. As
its tough to do a complete rewrite.. There may be a series
of dependent rewrites throughout blender, and the features
suggested will imply the design needed, the design will define
what the dependency relationship is between features, and
that will determine the orders that features will
have to be unified.. This can occur over time..
It will look like an overhaul but it will most likely
occur over a set of calculated refinements to the source code.

It could start out that if everything dependended on a unification
of what a vertex was, we might make the first thing to nail
"vertices" and that would make everything dependent on vertices
easier to work with..  But its determining which features are
the most essential and making them so they are one feature not
multiple of features that are alike.

Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail