[Bf-funboard] Policy

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 03:09:34 -0600

I would like the users to not feel like they are
forcing the coders, best to think of this as a way of getting
structured suggestions that coders will find awfullly hard to
ignore.. In some cases we may actually be suggesting ideas
that exist nowhere in the 3D graphics world. That's terribly
exciting if you think about it, but the coders can get way
too focused on the details of what they are doing to be able to
step back and look at the big picture.. It helps because it
keeps the coders from wasting a lot of time, to steal an
artist concept, "painting with hairthin brushes".

This process is more like painting with big thick brushes and
getting the essence of what the concept is.. Kinda like
how Van Gogh could paint entire scenes with a minimal set of
brush-strokes and get the idea across.. The process here
in suggesting features and designing a concept of what
blender could be, will be sketchy and rough but essential.

Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail