[Bf-funboard] Policy

James Kaufeldt bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:29:18 +0200

Groovy...

Whatever makes talking and criticism easier is a good thing - not afraid
of that, it is rather welcome and in this context most necessary.

Concerning collection and reviewing, it would be facilitated by some
sort of document template perhaps. It will be much easier to browse
through a lot of suggestions from many different sources if they have a
uniform layout and formatting. Boring and unimaginative perhaps, but
helpful...

And no - we couldn't possibly order any coders to do anything at all
really. But the way I see it, it's all about pay-off. Artists spend
days, weeks, months finishing a piece of work - and they get their
pay-off when other community members get to see and praise it... I
figure that coders behave like that too. And if you know that you are
implementing something than a lot of users want, in more or less the
exact way that they requested, then you, as a coder, will get your
pay-off when the community gets to use and praise your feature in the
next Blender release. I suppose that's how something like this should be
played. Psychology...

So - as far as databases and specifications go - we must create some
place somewhere that provides idle coders with well-documented,
annotated, quality-sealed suggestions/whitepapers/whatever that clearly
states that "this is the way we want it, and here's the number of users
who wants it, and here's why they want it"... blah blah... you get the
idea.... :)

/Jamesk