[Bf-funboard] Policy

James Kaufeldt bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:43:06 +0200

--------------070609030308000206050905

This sounds very good to me.

I've got some suggestions concerning careful improvements of some
already available features - and I believe that sort of things are
perhaps the best startingpoint, i.e. rather "small" improvements that
most coders could be willing to implement since it would not seem like a
very huge task.

Since Blender currently has a pretty complete set of features, there is
a lot of things that can be seriously improved simply by tweaking the
current tools a bit.

So, here's what I'm planning to do in a couple of days::..
Carefully write down the stuff I've been thinking about (one feature at
a time) and illustrate this as much as I feel necessary to make my
points clear. Then I'll simply mail a link to the document in question
to this list. Very basic procedure, in other words.

As time goes by, I will try to stick to one isolated feature (or
mis-feature) at a time, just to get things focused.

Sounds OK, yes? :)

/Jamesk

Matt Ebb wrote:

>- I know you're really into the structuralism and meta-stuff, but I'd like
>to keep things more informal. I have faith that the people on this list have
>a reasonable amount of common sense. As for policy, the points that Ton
>posted will pretty well suffice as guidelines for now:
>---
>In brief, less rules and discussion about discussion. Lets worry about
>problems when we arrive at them rather than trying to pre-emptively tie
>everything down too much. ----

--------------070609030308000206050905

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
me.<br>
I've got some suggestions concerning careful improvements of some already
available features - and I believe that sort of things are perhaps the best
startingpoint, i.e. rather "small" improvements that most coders could be
willing to implement since it would not seem like a very huge task.<br>
Since Blender currently has a pretty complete set of features, there is a
lot of things that can be seriously improved simply by tweaking the current
tools a bit. <br>
So, here's what I'm planning to do in a couple of days::..<br>
Carefully write down the stuff I've been thinking about (one feature at a
time) and illustrate this as much as I feel necessary to make my points clear.
Then I'll simply mail a link to the document in question to this list. Very
basic procedure, in other words.<br>
As time goes by, I will try to stick to one isolated feature (or mis-feature)
at a time, just to get things focused.<br>
Sounds OK, yes? :)<br>
/Jamesk</small><br>
Matt Ebb wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">- I know you're really into the structuralism and meta-stuff, but I'd like
everything down too much. ----</pre>

--------------070609030308000206050905--