[Bf-funboard] Re: Editbuttons/Viewbuttons proposal

Gregor Mückl bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:47:07 +0200

Am Montag, 28. Juli 2003 18:46 schrieb ph:
> Hi Roel
>
>   Don't get me wrong. I just want to mention side effects. Ok, a change is
> necessary, I agree (although monitors get larger).   The question is how
> can we maintain the speed of the workflow or even increase it?. One
> (laaarge project) idea would be user definable namable buttons. Not sure if
> that's a good idea, but I mention it anyway. One could then assign multiple
> options (set smooth, drawmode shaded all edges etc) to one button.

Hi!

This gives me another idea: convert the tabs in the buttons window into
foldable reagions that can be exanded horizontally. So the contents of that
window would shrink/grow horiontally when a region is folded/unfolded.

This is only feasible if you split things like the material buttons or edit
buttons into several foldable regions. That way you can reorganize the
buttons in a way that allows the user to have those button groups (subsets of
current tabs) available that he needs.

Folded groups could be represented by a button carrying an icon. I think it
would be best to order the groups by functionality (view, edit, material,
texture, rendering, output, just like it is) and the buttons for the folded
areas get stacked below an icon for that functional group.

I hope you can understand and imagine what I describe here ;-). What do you
think?

Regards,
Gregor