[Bf-funboard] Re: Editbuttons/Viewbuttons proposal

ph bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:50:52 +0200

Well, I have a question regarding the view buttons. It seems I work in a
rather odd way with Blender. I often model after uvmapped reference pictures
So I need to change the drawmode of the Object I am working on
(shaded/wire/shaded/wire). Actually I find even the select-menu annoying.
I'd rather had a shordcut or separate buttons. One other nice thing would be
for objects to stay in a higher drawmode. So the reference could stay
textured while the window has wireframe mode.

Shifting those options somewhere else means this to me: I have mostly the
editbuttons in use when I am modelling. Then I have to shift to another
window in order to check the mesh, or I have to make a second window,
meaning that on 1024x768, there won't be enough place for both on the
bottom. I'd like to be happy about the change, but unless I buy a 19"
monitor, I see my workflow slowed down instead of speeded up. Is that a
unusual problem?

Haunt_Houses