[Bf-funboard] Editbuttons/Viewbuttons proposal

Matt Ebb bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:16:05 +1000

Yep, I think a big re-organisation would be a very good idea. The
buttonswindows have evolved over time, and have come to lose their structure
and order. It would be good to design something that's a bit more flexible
for adding new stuff in the future - right now it's all very full and it's
starting to run into space problems (like the 2.28 material options.. )

Definitely I think any reasonably large changes to the interface should
happen all in one go. It will be much easier to maintain (documentation
wise) 'old UI' and 'new UI' rather than 2.28 UI, 2.29 UI. 2.30 UI, 2.31 UI,
and so on.

I've got a few ideas of my own that I'd been messing with before, about the
buttwons window header and the buttonswindow organisation itself. I'll post
them tomorrow since I'm sick and need to get some sleep now :( I really
agree with splitting up the 'viewing' options from the 'editing'
functionality. It seems to me that it matches the original Blender
'philosophy' better (http://www.funnyfarm.tv/thelab/blenderconcepts.htm).

Cheers

Matt