[Bf-funboard] Editbuttons/Viewbuttons proposal

Roel Spruit bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:09:49 +0200

Last week I suddenly wondered why the viewbutton menu in blender is totall
empty
unless you set it in a 3Dview.....I could not find an answer to this.
so....being an scriptkiddie, I moved some VIEWstuff from the editbuttons to
the VIEWmenu (sounds logical doesn't it?)
I realize this is quite a big change, so I figured I would run it passed the
funboard for review.

advantages of splitting the view stuff and the editstuff:

- Editbuttons becomes clearer, with fewer buttons
- Viewbuttons menu isn't a useless menu anymore, and can be used for all
viewing options

Disadvantages:

- big change in the interface might confuse people......

I also coded some stuff (with the help of Timothy's 1337 OpenGL knowledge)
to control edge size, vertex size and object color in 3D view.

an example of buttons that can be moved to the viewbuttons:
http://www.roelspruit.com/var/code/viewoptions/viewoptions.PNG

Roel