[Bf-funboard] Demo files!

Matt Ebb bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:08:43 +1000

Hi,

Well, now that 2.28 is released, I think it'd be a great idea to make a pack
of demo files, which can be offered at the blender.org/blender3d.org
website. Nearly all of the releases up to 2.25 have had demo files to go
along with them to show off the new features, and give some demonstrations
of new and cool uses for them. As an example, all the old demo packs are
available to download here: http://download.blender.org/demo/ . I remember
when I was starting out with Blender the demos were really helpful for me,
and it's a shame that they haven't been continued after NaN.

So, now we have the funboard, a group of enthusiastic Blender users who are
interested in being more involved in the development process. Who would like
the glory of having their demo .blends available to the world for download?
;) For 2.28 I can think of these for example:

* A .blend with various different material settings using the shader code,
that people, can inspect the properties of, and render a comparison image
* .blends with demo python scripts with example code that shows off the
newer parts of the python API (armatures for example) - these scripts
wouldn't have to be anything complex or too functional, just an example of
what can be done
* A .blend with instructions, showing off the RVK sliders
* A .blend with instructions, showing off the different audio sequencing
features (volume, pan, mixdown, etc)
* A .blend with instructions and various objects parented to each other, to
show off the 'group select' menu

And/or anything else anyone can think of that may be useful.

I don't have time to do this myself, but I was hoping that it may be
possible to share the load on this list. Would anyone be at all interested
in this? Of course I'd make sure anyone involved gets proper credit, links,
etc.

Cheers

Matt