[Bf-funboard] Topic for feedback

Jonathan Bartlett bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:19:27 -0700 (PDT)

>  I usually know already what file I want.  If I need to see thumbnails on
> windows I can just use explorer.  How hard would it be to use native OS file
> selection windows?  Would that be an option for the future?  Just ideas.
> paul

Native file selection.  Yes! Yes!  maybe that can be added to Ghost?

The file selector is one of those often overlooked things that really
makes you either feel at home or in a strange land.  Having a common API
to get you the same file selector from every application is one thing that
UNIX is lacking (even if it is pluggable).  This is the BIGGEST thing that
trips up new UNIX users, is the lack of a standard file selector.

Likewise, if GHOST had a selectable file selector
(Win32/GNOME/KDE/MacOS/etc) that could be chosen at build time, and then
just use the native one, that would be so, so wonderful.

Jon