[Bf-funboard] Topic for feedback

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:52:41 +0200

Hi,

Checking on the bug tracker again today... 1 report happens a lot:

-> ImageSelector crashes!
Especially at windows.

I really feel bad about it.... the ImageSelector functions
unpredictable, and is code that nobody really understands or feels
comfortable with. For as long it's buggy, I would propose to do this:

- change the UI code that it only calls up a normal fileselector for
"Load file" buttons.
- make a (secret) hotkey, like CTRL+click at the button, which calls up
the ImageSelector.
- also remove ImageSelector from the main menu.

This way we can prevent newbies from creating crashes again. Power
users can still access it, and know they should only use it for
searching trhough image directories.

What do you think? It would be temporal, until it's stable again.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org